Ursodeoxycholic acid 250mg/capsule. 60 capsules. UDCA is a type of bile acid that in nature is produced by metabolic byproducts of intestinal bacteria.
Man-made UDCA is the only known beneficial bile acid with immunomodulatory effects, but its mechanism for this effect remains unknown.
UDCA has also shown very effective at improving liver function values and also has shown effective at treating many conditions such as; eosinophilic airway inflammation seen in asthma sufferers, cholestatic liver diseases, liver disease associated with cyctic fibrosis, dissolution of gallstones, the prevention of colon carcinoma and diabetes-induced oxidative stress.
UDCA may play a role in the treatment of many issues but has been most notable at improving liver function. UDCA does this not only by improving bile flow, but also by helping regulate cholesterol by reducing the rate of absorption in the intestine and reducing the toxicity of the bile salts that are responsible for cell death.
UDCA is a must have for any researcher researching the protection of the liver or gallstone complications in the body.
We are proud to offer you the highest quality UDCA available for all your research needs.
1) Ursodeoxycholic acid suppresses eosinophilic airway inflammation by inhibiting the function of dendritic cells through the nuclear farnesoid X receptor.Willart MA, van Nimwegen M, Grefhorst A, Hammad H, Moons L, Hoogsteden HC, Lambrecht BN, Kleinjan A. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23004356
2) The Role of Bile Acids in the Neoplastic Progression of Barrett's Esophagus - A Short Representative Overview.Jürgens S, Meyer F, Spechler SJ, Souza R. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22965634
3) Combined Rifampicin and Ursodeoxycholic Acid Treatment Does Not Amplify Rifampicin Effects on Hepatic Detoxification and Transport Systems in Humans.Marschall HU, Wagner M, Zollner G, Fickert P, Silbert D, Gustafsson U, Sahlin S, Trauner M. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22964716
4) Effect of Ursodeoxycholic Acid Administration after Liver Transplantation on Serum Liver Tests and Biliary Complications: A Randomized Clinical Trial.Wang SY, Tang HM, Chen GQ, Xu JM, Zhong L, Wang ZW, Deng GL, Xing TH, Lu LG, Peng ZH. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22948036
5) Efficacy of Ursodeoxycholic Acid in Treating Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy: A Meta-analysis.Bacq Y, Sentilhes L, Reyes HB, Glantz A, Kondrackiene J, Binder T, Nicastri PL, Locatelli A, Floreani A, Hernandez I, Di Martino V. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22892336
6) Ursodeoxycholic acid therapy in cystic fibrosis liver disease--a retrospective long-term follow-up case-control study.Kappler M, Espach C, Schweiger-Kabesch A, Lang T, Hartl D, Hector A, Glasmacher C, Griese M. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22670841
7) Effect of ursodeoxycholic Acid alone and ursodeoxycholic Acid plus domperidone on radiolucent gallstones and gallbladder contractility in humans.Tuncer I, Harman M, Colak Y, Arslan I, Turkdogan MK. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22611378
8) Ursodeoxycholic acid decreases sodium-glucose cotransporter (SGLT2) expression and oxidative stress in the kidney of diabetic rats.Osorio H, Coronel I, Arellano A, Franco M, Escalante B, Bautista R. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22429686